Curio in NYC
Curio Studio shut down for 1 week in September to attend the Brand New Conference and take in design inspiration all over NYC! A few highlights from the trip:
– Seeing how brands can move from Gretel (big fave)
– Peeking into process of the AirB&B rebrand
– Sandwich shops
– Peeking into the in-house team at Etsy
– Ice cream parlours
– Learning from folks who designed for SNL, GM & more
– Coffee Shops
– The Herb Lubalin Design Archive (whoa!)
– Falafel, burgers, tacos…
– Cooper Hewitt, Whitney and Society of Illustrators
– Hangin’ with amazing Edmo designers, Chan & Kulba throughout.
It’s been great having clients asking us what we have learned to apply to upcoming branding projects. It’s hard to know if a conference will hit the mark or even know what you’ll get out of it, but we took quite a bit away from this conference. For those designers who are interested in the material presented , you can purchase a subscription to videos of the talks online @ Brand New Website.
Can’t wait to share more of what we’ll be doing in the coming months! We’ve been tagging our photos on instagram at @whatiscurio (#curioinNYC)